Our Trusted Orlando Premises Liability Attorney Helps Victims Recover Damages for Injuries Sustained on Someone Else’s Property
Premises Liability Attorney in Orlando, FL
A large number of Americans enter shops, restaurants, hospitals, parks, and other organizations every day. And slips happen. Yes.
Most people don’t expect to be injured while going about their business. Unfortunately, slips, trips, and other accidents happen every day in Central Florida, and they can leave victims seriously hurt, unable to work, and facing exorbitant medical bills and other losses. Sound familiar?
In today’s hustling time, slip and fall accidents are common occurrences resulting in serious injuries, lengthy recovery processes, and high-cost medical bills. You might find it challenging to find a solution to the mishap. Our Orlando Slip and Fall Attorney at Louis Berk Law helps you handle your case from the beginning to the end. The lawyers hold years of experience and expertise in dealing with slip and fall accidents. We offer you free initial consultations.
If your accident occurred on someone else’s property, you might have grounds for a premises liability case. Property owners and managers are required to take reasonable precautions to ensure the safety of tenants, visitors, patrons, and anyone else who is on the premises lawfully. Any place that is open to outsiders must be in clean and safe condition. If the authority fails to do so, and you are hurt as a result, you may be entitled to a financial recovery.
At Louis Berk Law, our knowledgeable and highly skilled Slip & Fall/Premises Liability Lawyer helps victims of negligence explore their legal rights and options and recover the compensation they need and deserve after a premises liability accident. The injured victims of slip and fall cases at unsafe premises are compensable depending on the severity of the injuries. We have a long track record of successfully resolved cases—and yours could be next. Keep reading to learn more.
Florida Premises Liability Case Basics
Not familiar with the ins and outs of Florida premises liability law? Here are a few key points to keep in mind if you are considering taking legal action to seek compensation:
- What You have to Prove. A fair recovery hinges on being able to show that the at-fault party owed you a duty of care, they breached that duty, and you suffered damages as a direct result. We can help you prove these essential case elements.
- Comparative Negligence. Being partially responsible for the accident in which you were injured (for example, tripping over an unmarked hazard while distracted) doesn’t automatically bar you from collecting compensation. However, your recovery may be reduced accordingly.
- Statute of Limitations. Florida gives you four years from the date of the accident to file a claim. If you miss this deadline, any case you try to file will be dismissed. Take action as soon as possible to ensure the preservation of vital evidence.
- Cost to hire an Orlando Slip and Fall Attorney. We work on contingency, which means that there are never any upfront fees, and if we don’t win, you don’t pay.
What is Premises Liability Negligence?
You must remember that you cannot hold a business responsible for a premises accident or your injuries only because the property belongs to them. You need to prove that the company could have maintained what they were supposed to do to prevent any potential mishap. In slip and fall cases, the premises owner must be aware of the possible danger. According to Florida Statute § 768.0755(1), the premises owner is held responsible for a premises accident or slip and fall injury. The condition must have been there for quite a long period with less care. Connect with our Florida Premises Liability Lawyer immediately if you have been injured in a premises accident.
Premises Liability Cases We Handle
Though slip and falls are the most well-known type of premises liability case, there is a wide range of accidents that can occur on property owned or managed by someone else. We handle premises liability cases involving:
- Slips and falls. A substance on a floor caused you to slip, fall, and sustain injuries.
The reasons behind a slip and fall incident might include:
- Negligence of Another Party
- Low Light
- Uneven Floors and Sidewalks
- Spilled Juice or Oil or Any Kind of Liquid
Whether the accident has taken place due to the negligence or fault of another individual or business, our Orlando Slip and Fall Attorney is there at your back. We offer you the right guidance. Get maximum compensation for all your losses.
- Trips and falls. A construction or maintenance defect or unmarked hazards in a walkway caused you to trip and suffer injuries.
- Retail store negligence. You were injured due to falling objects, collapsing displays, or other unmarked, negligence-related hazards.
- Negligent security. You were injured in an assault or attack at a facility that provides security.
- Day care negligence. Your child was injured at a day care facility due to inadequate supervision.
- Dog bites. You or your child was bitten and injured by a dog you don’t own.
Our legal team of Premises Liability Lawyers has acquired years of experience and expertise while dealing with the slip and fall cases. We have learned that companies can later deny that any accident happened, depsite being at-fault. Therefore, the victim must be fully prepared to make a compensation claim. In cases, injured victims completely recover from a premises accident case. A victim may lose the job as they haven’t remained capable anymore with rising medical costs.
Our Florida Slip & Fall/Premises Liability Lawyers can help.
If you’ve injured yourself in a slip and fall accident, you must be aware of:
- If you have been a victim of a slip and fall accident, before leaving the place your first job is to collect the evidence of how the accident happened and what’s the reason behind.
- Take pictures or videos. The premises owner might not allow you access to their camera or video.
- Ask the witnesses for the contact information and a statement.
- File a report with management and have a record of what happened.
- Seek medical attention
- Connect with us and have the best legal assistance with our Orlando Slip and Fall Attorneys.
Who is Liable for Your Slip and Fall Accident?
In most slip and fall cases, the property owners are held liable for the accident. The parties need to maintain a duty of care for safety purposes, but they neglect their part of the job. When they violate the basic terms, they turn out to be negligent in the course in case a mishap takes place. The slip and fall accident victim can file a claim for compensation from the homeowners’ insurers.
Parties that an accident victim can hold potentially liable for the slip and fall accident cases include:
- Property management companies
- A third party at the workplace
Whatever the reason behind your accident, you can consult the Orlando Slip and Fall Attorneys to receive compensation for your damages. When the reasons behind your slip and fall accident are not clear, our Premises Liability Attorney can help you determine who is at fault.
What You Could Recover
Don’t get stuck holding the bag for injuries and losses you didn’t cause. We can help you recover compensation for related medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, lost earning potential, physical pain and suffering, psychological trauma, scarring or disfigurement, and other damages.
How We Can Help
There’s far too much at stake to go it alone. Let our Orlando Slip and Fall Attorneys:
- Investigate your accident
- Gather and preserve important evidence
- Work with your medical providers to document your injuries and delay payment for treatment
- Handle communications between you and the at-fault party’s insurance company or defense attorney
- Interview eyewitnesses
- Arrange for expert witnesses to testify on your behalf when needed
- Negotiate and review settlement offers
- Take your case to trial, if necessary
- Maximize the value of your claim
You Don’t have to Fight Alone
It costs too high if you decide to handle a slip and fall case on your own. Most of the time, the insurance companies do not pay the victims fair compensation. In such cases, the sharp legal knowledge of your Orlando Slip and Fall Attorney helps you understand your legal rights and exactly how much compensation you deserve. At Louis Berk Law, our legal team makes sure that you receive fair treatment from the insurer.
Negotiate wisely with the Insurance Adjuster
Insurance adjusters know that slip and fall accident cases reach court. The insurers may use your claims against you affecting your compensation. You must not accept a settlement offer before connecting with your Slip & Fall/Premises Liability Lawyer.
It is advisable not to offer extra information than you need to offer when the insurance company contacts you. Do not explain the accident. Even for once, if you admit even the slightest of your mistake, the adjuster might take your admission of your guilt and refuse to offer you the compensation you deserve. Let your Premises Liability Attorney handle the discussion.
Learn More About Slip & Fall/Premises Liability Lawyer
- How Does A Premises Liability Lawyer Help in Slip and Fall Cases?
- Can You File A Slip and Fall Case if You Were Intoxicated?
- Things to do After A Slip and Fall Accident
- How Wrongful Death Attorneys Win Slip and Fall Case?
- 3 Factors that Determine the Success of A Slip and Fall Lawsuit
- What is the Orlando Slip and Fall Lawsuit Procedure?
- Which is the Best Law Firm that Helps Victims Win A Slip and Fall Accident Case?
Discuss Your Florida Premises Liability Case With an Experienced Orlando Attorney
Contact Louis Berk Law today to schedule an appointment for a free initial consultation with our Orlando Slip and Fall Attorneys. We look forward to learning about you and your case and discussing how we can best assist you.