After an accident, it’s almost impossible to think clearly about what to do. It is quite natural to get an adrenaline rush that makes it really hard to make any decision at that very point. Dealing with the consequences of a car accident can be drastically challenging. An accident victim must remain very careful about what they say or do. If you lose control under circumstantial pressure, it might menace your legal rights, and you may end up losing the compensation you deserve. Hence, it is favorable on your part to know what to do if unfortunately you have been injured in a car accident in Florida. Prior knowledge helps save lives and make the lawsuit claim process more manageable. If you have been into a collision due to someone else’s negligence, why would you suffer? Therefore, it is essential to take the most necessary steps to make sure that everyone at a loss gets justice under Florida Law and fair compensation from the liable parties.
When you need to recover against your losses after a car accident, you must be very careful and proactive to restore the compensation you deserve. You can not blindly rely on the insurance company to proceed with your claim, as the insurer won’t treat you fairly. The Florida Car Accident Attorneys at Louis Berk Law Firm rightly guide you to navigate your personal injury case and get you the best compensation. You need to remain very cautious about the various aspects of your claim to receive fair compensation from the negligent party.
Steps to Follow After You Have Been Injured in a Car Accident
1. Seek Medical Attention
If you have got injuries and experienced pain after a car accident, you must first consult a doctor. A quick consultation with a doctor after an accident is what you should do on an immediate basis. If you don’t visit a doctor on time, the recovery process gets delayed, adversely impacting your car accident compensation.
2. Report the Accident to the Police
Knowing what to do after you get into an accident in Florida can help you save lives and make the claim process less strenuous. Report your accident to the police immediately. Not only does police reporting protect your legal rights, but it also comes under the foremost requirements under Florida Law. In case of a death in a car accident, it is suggested to contact the Florida Wrongful Death Attorney. Cases when you must report a car accident case,
● The car accident case results in injury or death.
● The liable driver escapes the spot
● It’s a drunken driving case
● The car crash involves a commercial vehicle
● The crash results in damage amounted to at least $500
3. Collect Evidence from the Scene
It is obvious to forget minute details about the accident as the victim is not in a very mentally stable state after s/he faces a car accident. It is essential to take pictures and record information that will help later. What you can do include,
● Take photographs of the accident spot, damaged vehicles, and other property damages
● Take images of the surrounding space so you can use them as evidence later
● Record the details of how the accident happened and how did it impact your life
● Create a list of your medical and other expenses as a result of the accident
4. Gather Information from Other Driver/s and Involved Parties
When seeking compensation for a car accident, gathering as much information as possible is vital. The information might include,
● Collect the other drivers’ insurance and vehicle information
● Keep a copy of the police report
● Pen down every point you remember about the accident
● Maintain a file where you can keep all the medical and insurance-related details
● Make a record of how your injuries impact your everyday life
5. Report Your Car Accident to Your Insurance Company
As it is vital to report your car accident to the police, it is similarly important to the insurance company. Since Florida is a No-Fault state, filing your PIP (Personal Injury Protection) claim with your insurance company is the first source you have to recover your financial compensation, and reporting to the insurance company reduces your risks of unnecessary legal complexities.
6. Connect with the Car Accident Attorneys
So, if you have been injured in a car accident, you should first talk to a personal injury attorney. It is of vital importance to have an in-depth understanding of Florida Law while filing a car accident claim. An efficient attorney can help you recover the settlement amount you deserve for the injuries you have sustained in the accident. The strategies implemented by the insurance companies compel the victim to agree to settlements far below the amount their losses are worth. Hence, the role of Florida Car Accident Attorneys is so crucial to help you get the compensation you deserve after you have been in a car accident.
Louis Berk Law Firm helps you understand your legal options after you have been in a car accident attorney. Our team of attorneys with years of experience and expertise understands your situation, helps you understand the status of your case, and how to draw the right compensation by providing all the information and evidence needed to win the case. You will pay us only when you win. Connect with us immediately if you have been into a car crash.