You are grieving the sudden and tragic loss of a spouse, child, parent, or sibling. Your whole world changed in an instant. As you mourn for your loved one, you may be overwhelmed by the other decisions that need to be made. How are you going to deal with the financial costs of your loved one’s death and the reduction in your family’s income? How will the person who caused the fatal accident be held accountable?
A Wrongful Death Lawsuit May Be the Answer
For many families, the thought of a wrongful death lawsuit is overwhelming. You don’t want the added stress of litigation during this horrible time in your lives. However, there is a way to protect your legal rights without additional stress.
An experienced central Florida wrongful death lawyer can make sure that your family’s rights are protected by:
- Investigating the accident. You must identify who caused the crash and why before you pursue compensation.
- Negotiating with the insurance company. A demand letter may be sent to the insurance company to begin negotiations. Continuing negotiations may be necessary before a fair settlement is reached.
- Filing a wrongful death case. If a fair settlement can’t be reached, then a wrongful death lawsuit must be filed in a Florida court before the statute of limitations expires.
If your wrongful death case is successful, the person who caused the accident (or that person’s insurance company) will pay for:
- The medical costs your loved one incurred from the time of the accident until the time of death
- Funeral costs
- Past and future lost income and benefits
- Physical pain your loved one experienced before death
- Emotional suffering caused by your loved one’s death
- All other damages caused by the accident and your loved one’s death.
Contact a Wrongful Death Lawyer Today
Contacting an Orlando wrongful death attorney is one of the most important things you can do to protect your family’s rights. As you take the actions that you need to take to mourn your loved one and adjust to your new life, an attorney will take the necessary actions to protect your legal right and financial compensation.
To learn more, please schedule an initial consultation with Attorney Louis Berk today.