The answer depends on whether or you are hurt. If you are able to go about your daily activities without medical care and without missing time from work or school, then you may not need an attorney. However, if you do need medical care and you lose time from your regular activities, it is essential that you contact a lawyer.
How a Slip and Fall Lawyer Can Help You
A slip and fall lawyer can:
- Investigate your fall accident. An attorney will look at all of the evidence to determine who is at fault for your fall accident.
- Talk to you about all of your legal options. You may have a case against the property owner or the business owner, depending on what happened to you. Your lawyer will let you know about the potential defendants in your case.
- Make sure that your legal rights are protected. Your lawyer will take all of the necessary steps to protect your rights, including filing your case in court before the statute of limitations expires.
- Negotiate with the right insurance companies. The property owner or business owner’s insurance company may be responsible for paying for your injuries. Your lawyer will work toward securing a fair settlement for you.
- Represent you in court. If a settlement can’t be reached, your lawyer will handle all filings, motions, and legal arguments in court.
- Take some of the stress off of your shoulders. You can be assured that your rights are protected and concentrate on your physical recovery while your lawyer handles your legal recovery.
Contact a Slip and Fall Attorney Today
When you first contact a Central Florida slip and fall lawyer, you aren’t committing to anything. Instead, you are getting the information you need to make the right legal decisions for your specific situation. To learn more, we encourage you to contact Attorney Louis Berk for an initial case review.